Both group “classroom” learning AND hands on experience with our equipment with group discussion and plenty of Q&A. You even have the option of taking home the birds you process yourself at the end of the day. We are family friendly, and children welcome with supervision.
Private classes / group classes are available upon request !
Children not participating are also welcome to come and enjoy the farm with supervision.
Two Ticket Options for Public Classes
Choose how involved you wish to be!
- Listen to the talks
- Ask questions
- Watch instructor and participants
- Age 8 and older
- Buy a processed bird for full price to take home
$10 per person
- Listen to talks
- Ask questions
- Watch instructor and other participants
- Must be old enough to safely handle knives
- Provided a meat chicken to process
- Individual guidance and instruction
$55 per person
Space is limited, you must purchase a ticket before the event!
- Equipment choices
- Equipment management
- Humane kill
- Automated / manual plucking
- Organ preparation
- Heat sealing
- Food Safety
Our equipment includes:
- Extra large size propane powered scalder (holds up to 4 birds at a time)
- Stainless Steel Turkey sized automatic plucker (handles 4 chickens or 2 turkeys)
- Four person stainless steel eviscerating table with adjustable water sprayers
- Packaging table
- Heat seal dunking pot
- All “open air” with plenty of room and sunshine
- Applicable to all poultry (chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc)
- Families and groups welcome
- Families welcome
- Welcome to tour the farm while here
(pigs, sheep, goats, horse, ducks, turkeys, chickens, guinea pigs)
- Drinks and snacks
- Picnic lunch
- Sharpened knives (not serrated)
- Cooler and ice to take bird home
Available Class Dates
You must purchase a ticket before the event date – space is limited!